Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, January 14, 2011

HE said SHE said, In Your Face, Justin Timberlake, Believing...

January 14, 2011

The Good: HE said SHE said...

"You were awakened because there is something you have to do, people to meet, places to see, enjoy life.  So I hope you realize that everything will be fine and truly believe it."

 "I read your blog & find it very insightful. Your experience has opened my eyes to see things I have not seen in awhile, if not ever’" 

The Bad: Cancer is "IN YOUR FACE"!

Sure, it's silent while it grows inside you, feeds off you, but then when it hits it hits you hard physically and emotionally, strips you down to nothing, taking pieces of you along the way... it then forces you to stand up, only to be knocked down again, which I find quite rude... Sometimes I play the "La La La La La" game where you can't hear them, while other times I want to take their hand and slam it in the door they so desperately want me to knock on.

The What the ??: I’m in the back of a pick-up truck making out with this guy under a plastic tarp listening to a heavy metal band playing a few yards away... I move on to the house party where Justin Timberlake (no, I’m not a fan) catches my eye... even though he has 3 legs and navy blue size 7 sneakers (yes, 3 of them), I’m oddly attracted... Me and Justin end up turning into sci-fi creatures and then it gets really freaky... but he’s a much better kisser than the cowboy dude in the truck earlier which was nice.

Why can’t I just dream about sunsets and bunny rabbits??

Lessons Learned: Sometimes you need something or someone to get IN YOUR FACE in order to get the strength to slam doors and fight back... I do truly believe that I’ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment