Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, January 7, 2011

CHECK Please, Faces, Car's, T-Shirts...

January 7, 2011

The Good: Chemo Treatment #4 - DONE (INSERT CHECK MARK) - that means I'm halfway through, and I've responded well so here's to CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK and done!!

The Bad:  When I look around the Chemo Unit at the different faces it hurts in a way I can't describe.  I don't know what they are going through, every treatment and person is different, but I do know it's hard, and some faces have seen very hard times, so much so I wish I could double my dose if that could give them a break.  I wonder if over time my face will become one of those that are hard to describe....

The What the ??:  You know when someone buys a car and you think you haven't seen many, then all of a sudden you’re seeing them everywhere... I bought the Cancer Car... I knew they existed but now that I have one they are everywhere, I can't go a day without seeing one on the news, hearing about one from a friend, or wondering whether mine will make it through the winter... I wouldn't recommend purchasing one: The warranty sucks, it get's shitty mileage and the paint job is chipped... I was told though that over time it will improve, I could get an extended warranty, the mileage get's better, and then I can get a nice new paint job.... but can you really trust a car salesman :)

Lessons Learned: I bought a T-Shirt that says "I don't give a Fu*K" (there's no star on the t-shirt, I added that for my underage audience and those who find the "F" word offensive)... It doesn't mean I don't care anymore, it means I've realized how many things don't matter, how many things we stress about that aren't worth it, the list is endless of what I now don't give a Fu*ck about, the list is short of what means the world to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment