Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Chocolate, Pain, Change, Listen...

December 31, 2010

The Good: My neighbour gave me a box of chocolates; on the back of the box it says "Dream It.  Believe It.  Live It". 

I Dream about coming through this a better stronger person
I Believe that will happen because I can't see anything else
I'll Live through this in order to make my Dream come true...

Life really is like a box a chocolates :)

The Bad: Cancer doesn't hurt, it's the treatment that's a killer...  a necessary evil I know, and one I'm dealing with, but on days like today it's hard to comprehend why there isn't a better way.... I'm dizzy, nauseous, every bone in my body hurts, my breathing is laboured, fever, voice weak, fingers/ toes are tingling/ numb, and my ribs are left feeling like a fight took place and I'm the one down for the count... I'm feeling like this from a shot I get to keep my wbc's high enough so the chemo doesn't wipe me out, literally.... and the answer to dealing with these side effects is to experiment with a cocktail of other drugs, a necessary evil I have yet to come to terms with...

The What the ??:  Today is Fri Dec 31st, I wrote "The Bad" on Tue Dec 28th... I can't believe how things change in just a couple of days.  I still have all of the symptoms above but on a much lesser scale that is manageable, and I'm no longer down for the count, I will go out kicking and screaming :)  Oh yeah, I still haven’t come to terms with that cocktail either :)

Lessons Learned: I find myself lately listening to people's eyes/ expressions rather than their words; I'm getting to know people better that way.  I guess the same can be said for me... earlier this week someone lay down beside me and gave me a hug without me saying a word, that's exactly what I needed at that moment and we stayed that way for a long time never saying a word...

No comments:

Post a Comment