Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Family and Friends, Christmas, Attitudes and Wigs, Life

December 25th, 2010

The Good: My family and friends are keeping me stocked up with food, check in's, chaufeur services, it's amazing... there are so many times I just can't wrap my brain around cooking, and voila, I open the fridge and there's something great to heat up... people driving me to appointments, stopping by for visits, sending me movies, books, loaning furniture, etc... I'm pretty lucky to have these people behind me, I say thank you all the time but it doesn't even begin to describe how much it means to me.

The Bad: It's Christmas, and I wish I didn't have Cancer...

The What the ??: I went to buy a wig which is somewhat of a difficult process for a number of reasons... the woman turned on the attitude by saying "Oh, you don't have any hair, this is going to be difficult"... I had explained over the phone when i made the appnt that I wasn't looking to match my previous look and that I'd already lost my hair, nobody said anything at that time... and these people deal with cancer patients regularly... wow!!  She made a point of mentioning at least 5 times that she didn't have much to work with...

hmmm, maybe she should have tried working with the person in front of her, just a thought...

Lessons Learned:  I keep thinking about a saying my mother used often while I was growing up.... "It's a great life if you don't weaken".  I never thought about it back then, I think about it a lot now and can hear her voice clearly as she's saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment