Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The day I knew nothing would ever be the same...

October 26, 2010

The Good: I went to see a surgeon for what I thought was nothing more than a cyst, that's what everyone kept saying over the last few months... I was so happy it was finally being dealt with.

The Bad: I could see it in his eyes when he examined me, I could see it in his face that it wasn't a cyst.  I knew when they started cancelling other appointments to push me through for a mammogram, ultrasound etc.. I knew this wasn't good.

The What the ??: Later that same day I sat in a little pink room with floral chairs while he told me I had a rare form of Cancer called Inflammatory Breast Cancer.

Lessons Learned: I knew from that moment on my life would never be the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment