Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, February 4, 2011

Good Guys, 1 2 3 Jump, The Incredible Hulk, Dodging Bullets...

February 4, 2011

The Good: My oncologists seem to be on top of things and true to their word, I need someone who will push the system to get me what I need, not just what’s available... I think I have that with them, and to date, they have not appeared in “The Bad” section of this Blog which gives them bonus points, don't let me down boys!.
The Bad: Chemo treatment for Friday (today) has been cancelled... I experienced some bad side effects yet didn’t expect treatments to stop, wasn’t prepared for that one. 
The next step will be whoever can jump the highest wins!  Translation: whoever is free first will determine the next steps, surgery, radiation, chemo... 
Surgeon: Meeting has been scheduled to discuss further
Radiation Person #1: Declined to make an attempt at a jump given she has never made a jump like this before
Radiation Person #2: TBD – He has made a jump like this before, but he’s not assigned to me, must work at changing that
Weekly Chemo: Not recommended at this time
The What the ??: I was in the elevator the same day I got the news that the treatment plan would take a new direction... Translation: Fuck, just when I started to feel like there’s a method to this madness and I can do this, something changes once again, give me a fucking break!!
Back to the elevator...
And the setting goes something like this:  4 people including myself, cute dude who’s probably visiting a chick as he keeps playing with his hair, quiet dude who’s thinking about world peace or something massive like that, me who’s thinking “please refer to above translation that starts with F...”, and the Incredible Hulk who’s chatting to nobody in particular about what else, the snowstorm, as we try to appear interested, except for world peace guy, he doesn’t fake interest...
If I didn’t mention earlier, the Incredible Hulk, not the real one, the one in the elevator, is about 6ft4, built like a tank, and wearing a lot of bright green, if you’re familiar with our military uniforms you know what I’m talking about...
The Hulk is the first to get off the elevator, and as he’s leaving he glances my way and says “Hey, it could be worse, people could be shooting at us”.
Lessons Learned: “Hey, it could be worse; people could be shooting at us”. 
And so I stood in that elevator thinking if that would be worse, people shooting at us... I guess it would be... the Hulks comment totally caught me off guard; even the world peace guy cracked a smile J.

No comments:

Post a Comment