Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Touch, Robots, Party, YUCK...

February 18, 2011

The Good: I felt the pressure of the Nerve Block in my back, I tried to escape my brain so I wouldn’t move, she asked if she could hold my hand, the Anaesthesiologist continued.  I was worried I’d squish the hands that would cut me open in a few minutes, she told me not to worry as I held on tight. 

The Bad: I feel like I’m a robot going through the motions I’ve been programmed to do...

The What the ??: Surgery is done, 1:00am I’m still awake, why is it so loud, what the heck are they doing out there???  I then said to the person on the other side of the curtain “Hi, my name is Jean, I’m assuming you’re awake”, we ordered toast and attempted to chat over the commotion outside, a party that we weren’t invited to.  4:00am I went to sleep, 5:00am I’m awoken to begin my day, hospitals are exhausting!!

Lessons Learned: Flat on my back being wheeled to the OR, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I should have kept my eyes closed; the condition of our hospital ceilings continues to haunt me, YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment