Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, August 19, 2011

Feelings, Blank, Procedures, Sugar...

August 19, 2011

The Good: Sometimes all it takes is a familiar voice, someone who knows you, someone that makes you feel like yourself, to make you feel like someone who doesn’t have cancer.

The Bad: Our eyes met as we crossed at the entrance of the radiation unit.  She wore a blank stare, her chest raw and swollen, blood under the skin, and she was badly burned; I became blank as I walked in for my treatment. 

The What the ???: If you are part of the ride program (which I am) and if you have other appointments adjacent to the radiation  appointments (which I do), the radiation appointments are “locked in” and won’t change... this is according to the brunette across the desk who’s filling me in on how things work. 

My “locked in” appnt got changed last minute, which left me scrambling to change my physio appnt, which left me scrambling to change the pick-up time for my ride, which left me asking the blond across the desk what happened to the “locked in” appointment rule... to which she replied “it’s locked in unless we need to change it”. 

Am I the only one who finds this procedure slightly obscure???  How about you tell me nothing, that way I’ll expect nothing...  

Lessons Learned: She’s elderly, perhaps in her 80’s, and we chat about hair loss and how she is struggling with looking old as a result, I like her.... and she bitched about the “cancer caps” which made me like her even more :)

Older people seem more comfortable saying what’s on their mind; they don’t waste time sugar coating crap.   

No comments:

Post a Comment