Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, September 16, 2011

Party, Bells, Decisions, Burns...

September 16, 2011

The Good: My evil god daughter is coming for the weekend, I’m looking forward to having some smiles rather than the doom and gloom of this past week, let the party begin!

The Bad: No sooner had I received the final ZAP of radiation  that I was ushered into a room to discuss short and long term side effects and how I’ll need to be monitored going forward.  So much for happy time, and I didn’t even get to ring the Fucking Bell!

The What the ???: We looked at each other without saying much, him concerned with how deflated I looked, me by the number of “Fuck’s” coming out of his mouth, that’s never a good sign when he’s swearing more than me... I’m glad it was him I was having this conversation with and not someone else. 

Is it even possible to have every side effect on a never ending list and then some???  Apparently it is... the wonder drug Tamoxifen was not so wonderful for me; even though the long months of chemo are in the past, it will remain in my present for some time. 

We shook hands and said good-bye; I wanted him to stay just a bit longer while I thought about what this meant... he was gone.

Lessons Learned: If you play with Radiation, you will get burned...

No comments:

Post a Comment