Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, September 9, 2011

Woof Woof, Chest Pains, Revelations, What’s Normal...

September 9, 2011

The Good: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 dogs in the front seat, 1, 2 dogs in the back seat and they are all freaking out!!!  I stop and take a peak, make sure the windows are cracked as these canines are sucking up a lot of oxygen with all the panting and barking that’s going on... and then I’m on my way. 

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK... I turn around to see what the commotion is, and it’s one of the freaking dogs honking the horn, and I feel like it’s directed at me, and if HONKS could talk, it would say “hey lady, get back here and open up these doors!”
 
When I no longer find things like this amusing, that’s when you need to worry that something is wrong with me...

The Bad: The radiation machine on top of me, the technician underneath, his face a few inches from mine... my eyes snap open wide and his does the same as I experience sharp pains in my chest; I don’t remember how I escaped without knocking heads or hitting the machine.  We looked at each other not saying a word, hearts beating fast against our chests... then we began the process once again to line up the laser beams with my tattoos so I can be zapped, when all I want to do is feel the floor against my feet and run. 

The What the ???: “If you just relax, your arm will be fine” she says as I struggle to position myself for treatments... Wow, why hadn’t I thought of that? All I need to do is relax and I’ll regain movement in my arm, I can’t wait to share this revelation with my surgeon and physiotherapist!

Lessons Learned: Was I “Old Normal” before or just “Normal”?   What the heck is Normal anyway???

It doesn’t matter how you say it, filled with sincerity or a smile, I still hate the term “New Normal”...

No comments:

Post a Comment