Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, October 7, 2011

Life is a Stage, Poison, Public Transit, Parallel Park...

October 7, 2011

The Good: He said there are three stages of where people are at in this life:

Unhappy
Coping
Happy

On October 26th 2010 I was thrown full force “Unhappy”, the months to follow “Coping” was a means to survive, “Happy” is now within my reach.

The Bad: I’m attending a workshop through the cancer foundation and the first session is about cancer and nutrition.  It seems everything is coated with pesticides, loaded with hormones and filled with bacteria, and we (cancer patients) should avoid them as much as possible. 

Apparently it’s ok for the rest of you to consume this.

I wonder how long it will take before supply and demand turns this around and takes us back to a simpler time when food was just that, food...

The What the ???: The driver mumbles something through the marbles in his mouth, luckily I’m familiar with marble jargon so I could translate to my confused friends; profound words said louder than necessary “it’s not enough to love someone when your drunk, you have to get along with them when your sober too”; An announcement comes over the speaker alerting drivers to an incident on Blah Blah street “a passenger is trying to board busses carrying a large container marked flammable”.... you guessed it, I’m back taking public transit J

Lessons Learned: We are trying/ struggling to parallel park as a school bus approaches from behind, and then stops.  I think “hey buddy, what’s up, you have room to get by” my friend thinks “oh my god, why is he getting out”.  He merely wanted to help us out, and he did, with a big smile, he got us into our spot then left with a wave, good trumps evil.


No comments:

Post a Comment