Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, April 29, 2011

Break Time, Zzzzz’s, Gelato, Lotto 6/49...

April 29, 2011

The Good: 16 rounds of chemo in 14 days take its toll both physically and mentally, but then we have what they call “BREAKS” and mine starts today!!!! 
I can still feel those demons coursing through my veins even though I’m not popping 7 pills marked “CHEMOTHERAPY” or having weekly infusions at the hospital. 
Those demons won’t stop me from dancing, I'm dancing a jig right now! J
The Bad: I’m soooooo tired it’s hard to see through the Zzzzz’s... I wake up from 2 hours of restless dozing and struggle to pry my eyes open; I’m exhausted but can’t sleep. I need to sleep to get through this, why can’t I just have that???  I’m not asking for the whole alphabet, just the Zzzzz’s.

The What the ???:  I went for a walk, stopped to pick up a French Vanilla Gelato in a sugar cone and went on my way.  This drip and lick under the sun made me very happy, happiness that lasted far beyond the last crunch, who knew $4.00 could pack such a punch!

Lessons Learned:  I believe we have some control over our destiny and I have a clear vision of what mine is.  Cancer is my present; Cancer has changed me; Cancer will be my past.  I can see this...  I don’t need lotto 6/49 to make my dreams a reality; I need my vision to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment