Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, April 8, 2011

Life, Marriage, Taxi Drivers, Death...

April 8, 2011

The Good: Cancer Sucks but it hasn’t sucked the life out of me, these are some of the things I’ve enjoyed since October 26, 2010. 

·       Realizing how much I love my Family
·       Realizing how much I love my Friends
·       Realizing how much I love the one who takes cares of me physically/emotionally
·       Walking and seeing things as if for the first time
·       Doing More and Thinking Less
·       Meals on Wheels from my co-workers
·       Food and Wine
·       Re-connecting in new ways with people I already know
·       100 Days of Happiness
·       Teddy Bears
·       Yoga
·       Shopping
·       Comedy Clubs
·       Cards/ Notes/ E-mails...
·       Kind gestures

The Bad:

On October 25, 2010, I was on the phone with my sister as we booked a cruise for her upcoming wedding. 

On October 26, 2010, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

On April 7, 2011, my sister will be getting married and I won’t be there.

Fuck you Cancer, Fuck You... I hate you for taking this away from me.

The What the ???: I get into a taxi and the driver is really nice, we start chatting and the topic turns to travel, seems we share a similar style and desire for simplicity, the conversation is easy... all of a sudden he says “what are you doing this month, you seem like a good person, we should take a trip together”, I paused for a moment wondering what to answer as in what I’m doing this month... “I have Cancer” I replied... he didn’t hesitate... “You’ll get better, I can tell, and when you do, call me if you’re ever looking for a travel partner” he gave me his phone number; we shook hands and said good night.

Lessons Learned:

Prior to October 26, 2010, the thought of death puzzled and scared me all at the same time. 

After October 26, 2010, the thought of death became real and no longer scares me.

Life Is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment