Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, April 15, 2011

People, Abuse, Identity Fraud, Dancing...

April 15, 2011


The Good: Have you ever taken the time to really look at the people in your life? 

“Cancer” gave me an appreciation I never had...and I thank you for that “Cancer”.  Don’t get me wrong, I still hate you “Cancer”, you are the worst thing to have ever entered into my life, obviously I had to find some good in you otherwise you would have consumed me.

I’ve adjusted my life to accommodate you, TEMPORARILY... don’t get used to hanging around though, I want you out of my life forever, but thanks for the appreciation stuff, I’ll hang onto that...

The Bad: Blood work isn’t good, may have to postpone chemo treatments, and now they want to do radiation along with chemo, side by side torture, and I still haven’t fully recovered from surgery... I’ve declined radiation and will revisit down the road, one abuse at a time thank you...

It’s hard to know if the decisions you make are the right ones, how far you push yourself, and when to say when... I see so many people in circumstances similar to mine, or hear about them, and watch them go away.  I’m not afraid of dying; I just don’t want to leave...

The What the ???: I’m having lunch with a friend, and the bill comes, I pay with my credit card, the waiter returns, hands me the receipt to sign, and with a smile says “here you go Jean Johnstone, if that is in fact your real name” and then leaves...

What an odd comment?  Or is it? 

My name is Caloren Molly Jean; some people call me Caloren, others Molly Jean, or just Jean.  Caloren is supposedly an Island, Molly I’m not sure, and Jean is after an Aunt whose name is really Jane but the spelling got mixed up along the way so Jean should have been Jane.  And my Dad called me Jennifer even though he had three other names to choose from...

So the moral of this story is perhaps the waiter is onto something, hmmmmm, how did he know?

Lessons Learned: I bought I card yesterday that say’s “Face the Wind, Walk on Fire and Dance towards your path of true glory.  ~Roxane Tracey~

I have wind burn, my feet are scarred, and I feel it’s now time for me to start Dancing...

No comments:

Post a Comment