Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Friday, December 23, 2011

Elevator Operator, Reflections, Jibberish, Chill and Relax...

December 23, 2011

The Good: I’m on my way to get a blood test, and along with several other people, we pile into the elevator taking us to whichever floor it is that will take care of our medical needs. 

There’s a boy around 2 years old, and his face lights up with each additional body that enters this box... it’s not like Santa was one of the passengers so I’m confused as to why he’s so excited??

We are all inside, and one by one we tell the little guy which floor we want to go to, and he excitedly presses the appropriate button with the assistance of Mom.  Disappointed when the last person gives their floor, he then moves on to other buttons, such as “open door”, “close door” and “emergency”... I got off on one of the lower floors so I didn’t get to see how this pint sized elevator operator handled the button restriction placed on him, but he did put a smile on my face which I shared with the women who later sucked out my blood.

The Bad: ‎I was having a bad moment at the pharmacy, and I didn’t have the energy to argue, nor did I have the composure to explain the circumstance to them both, I wished for once it could just be easy... and I could feel the stares from the line-up behind boring into my back so I simply left.  I left without what I came for feeling defeated by not having gone that extra mile to be heard, by having to share personal details of my life with the rest of the fucking store, and I started to cry as I made my way out of the building. 

A man in a suit is passing, and I can see him start to smile then not, I can see in the reflection from the glass in front of me that he stopped and looked back, either to consider approaching me to offer assistance, or he realized he knew who I was.  I thought about stopping as I recognized him, that I should ignore the tears visible on my face and say hello; but I never turned back, and I pushed his reflection out of the way as I went through the glass doors.  

The What the ???: He seems to be high on more than just life while writing in the condensation on the window.  The first three lines appear to be gibberish and I go back to eating my bagel.  I glance up again and catch his last sentence, it reads “No = Cancer”. 

It’s like he was some sort of crazy messenger, and I wished I’d approached him to ask for a translation of his earlier gibberish, but it doesn’t take long for words to melt on windows and they all started to drip away...

Lessons Learned: Christmas is coming and there’s no escaping the increase in road rage, malls filled with stressed out zombies, and conversations beginning with “are you ready for the holidays”...  perhaps if we all take a moment to just “Chill” and “Relax” that’s all we need to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment