Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Words In Music, His Words, Words In My Head, Eating My Words...

December 2, 2011

The Good: She talks about a trip to Paris, the people she met, and as her fingers connect with the ivory keys, the story continues, soft notes playing in the background... new friends make their way to a nearby walk-up, five flights later they reach the top floor, and the champagne is flowing, and everyone is smiling, and she makes her way to the balcony wanting to hold onto this moment that seems so perfect, as if all the stars have aligned just for her.  The story then becomes a song describing how the night unravels, and she sings about that moment in her life. 

Her storytelling brought me to Paris, to her moment, and it made me think of my perfect moments from the past and I felt a longing that I want more of those.  But what surprised me was I realized I’ve had some very special moments even in what I refer to as the worst year of my life... and I listened to her sing the rest of that song feeling at peace.     

The Bad: ‎The appointment was not unlike other appointments, the usual follow-up questions, blah blah blah ... but some of his words are echoing in my brain and all I can see is his mouth moving, the sound has been removed.  It’s not that I disagreed with something he said, and it’s not that he’s insensitive in the way he said it, and it’s not that he said something I don’t already know, it’s the way he makes it so real, more so than if anyone else said those same words, and I hate that about him.       

The What the ???: I’m doing acupuncture for my arm, and I lay there chatting trying to forget I have needles sticking out of me.  The process doesn’t hurt; it just feels a bit strange.  We then talk about pressure points in the ear that can help with my arm, and I go home with 4 little thumbtack like needles placed around my ear and I think “what the hell am I doing!”

Lessons Learned: I’ve seen people walking with poles and thought that we’ve taken the simple act of walking and found a way to profit from it and make us look silly along the way.  Now I thought this without ever having tried it so really, who am I to judge?  Now I’ve tried it, and I liked it.  So mock me if you must, but I’m carrying a pole and I’m not afraid to poke you with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment