Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Creepy Basements, Tick Tock, GI Jane, Me...

March 4, 2011

The Good: Physio hurts, it feels awkward, it’s uncomfortable, and often times painful... but when I leave I can move better and I know it’ll help in the long run, I know it’ll get me back to being mobile, being me, and I’m happy about that. 

On a side note, why does it have to be done in the basement of a Hospital, a basement of all places, it just gives it a creepy vibe... I’m just saying, basements are not meant for healing. 

The Bad: March 16th floats around my brain like a dark stormy cloud threatens the start of a picnic, I do what I can to run away and not think, play some frisbee, tick tock tick tock... can we throw the blanket down or what???

March 16th is when I meet with the oncologists to review the pathology report from surgery and they decide/ recommend further treatments... I’ve read some people feel anxious when treatments stop; I don’t think I’ll be one of them, I’m anxious to start living again.

The What the ???: I haven’t done chemo for a couple of weeks so the hair has started to grow back, and for those of you who don’t know, I’ve got pretty dark hair so now I’ve got the GI Jane look going on, if I couldn’t kick your ass before, I can now J

Lessons Learned: There are so many reasons why I should want to trade places with someone, someone who’s healthier, cancer free, someone who’s chances for survival are better than mine... but I don’t, I don’t want to change places with anyone.  I’m happy where I am, and I’ll be ok with wherever this takes me, as long as I can still be me, even if that me is a revised version of what once was... 

No comments:

Post a Comment