Welcome to my Journey nicknamed "My Moonstone Journey" for no reason other than that's what came to mind, and it started on October 26, 2010 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I thought this would be a good way to unload my week's events as a means to maintain my sanity, as well, an avenue for family and friends to see what's going on.

I had no idea what would happen after October 26th, I have no idea what will happen today, I have no idea about tomorrow, and I'm starting to accept that, and it scares me a little less each day approaching the unknown...

If you're reading this, chances are you're one of those people who are holding my hand through this and for that I Thank You...

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Laughter, Tears, Portfolio’s, Life...

November 4, 2011

The Good: I ran into an old friend that I haven’t seen for years, we used to work together.  At first I didn’t recognize him, the blond highlights were gone and he was tucked away sitting in a corner but I knew it was him.  I smiled remembering all the good times we had together, he smiled as well when he recognized me followed by a big hug. 

For my birthday one year, someone gave me him as a gift! 

Now in case your thinking this was some sort of messed up love interest, it wasn’t, he was just someone I laughed a lot with and on the morning of my birthday a while back I was told we had to pick up my gift, which we did, and it was him, and he’d be joining us for breakfast... and we laughed as we always did.

I remembered that morning as we caught up with each other this day...

The Bad: I ran into this old friend at the chemo unit in the hospital, he was there with his wife who was hit by cancer around the same time as me.  All three of us talked easily, him and me from a bond in our past, her and me from a bond in our presents. 

We said our goodbyes and walked our separate ways, I wanted to look back but I didn’t, my eyes were tearing up; tears for my friend, tears for his wife for being here.

Instead of looking back I thought about a comment she made about a photograph we had both seen, to her it symbolized “Life Goes On” and that’s what I thought about as I left the hospital.

The What the ???:  Someone told me they wouldn’t get involved in a relationship with someone who’s had cancer... hard for me to hear but at the same time very honest.  If I was on the other end I guess it would be scary to open yourself up to someone who’s “a known risk”, open yourself up to someone who may not be around long enough to make it seem worthwhile.

One more thing to add to my cancer portfolio.

Lessons Learned: Life does go on....

No comments:

Post a Comment